Traveling in caravans, sailing on schooners, or riding on a horse, courageous traders ventured far from home to find things that the locals had never seen before.
Historical trade routes such as the Silk Road, the Amber Road, and the Trans-Saharan Trade Route traversed the world, connecting diverse populations.
Today, merchants may go on the same incredible experience without leaving their homes. Product sourcing and trade have grown considerably easier as global connection has improved.
What is Product Sourcing?
Product sourcing is the method through which a company obtains inventory to sell. You may look into manufacturers, distributors, craftsmen, and other sorts of producers and businesses who generate goods for sale to locate marketable inventory for your online store. There are many ways to find products for a dropshipping business.
You can find products with ease by using the following methods:
1) Product Research: The easiest and most popular way to find products is through product research. You can use Google, Amazon, or Alibaba to search for products you want to sell. To make things easier, you can use keywords related to your niche and filter the results accordingly. For example, if I want to sell beauty products, then I would type "beauty" in the search bar and filter the results by country (to avoid foreign sellers), price range (to avoid expensive items), and popularity (to avoid over-saturated markets).
2) Social Media: There are many social media platforms, such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube, where people publish the types of products they sell. By using these platforms, you can generate more product ideas.
3) Distribute Products: Most of the time, people will not find your products on their own, so it is important to distribute them to places where they are likely to be found and popular (for instance, put flyers in malls). You can also post your products on product review sites like amazon and eBay.
4) Market Research: Market research is a must if you plan on selling products that are too expensive for the average consumer. What niche are your products in? What are your customer demographics? How much will it cost to ship your product to the customer? How much of their budget would they usually spend on this item?
5) Branding: Brand your products in a way that makes your product stand out from others. Make sure the branding is unique and people will associate it with your brand. What are the "must haves" before you start selling on Amazon?
Finding a thing to sell online no longer necessitates avoiding criminals and evading pirates.However, to obtain the greatest commodities for sale, you must still explore new territory, whether online or in person.